Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Why I am a Liberal ?

I asked some liberal friends who are members of TBP, why they are a Liberals? Here is what they said:

Kevin Sullivan:
"I'm a liberal because I hate slavery and I loathe LIES and LIARS. That's ALL conservatives have EVER engineered.This IS a Liberal country, STARTING with George Washington, "As Mankind becomes more liberal, they will be more apt to allow that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the community are equally entitled to the protections of... civil government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations of justice and liberality.”
And THAT we were, and successful by any measure in the wake of LIberalism finest era The New Deal. That is until the powell memo commenced the conservative reign of terror that has pressed its malevelence for many years till this moment in time. The moment when they would begin to pull the trigger on SHOCK DOCTINE."

"Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand."
— Mark Twain"

Michelle Vidal:
"I am a liberal. I believe in helping my fellow man who cannot help themselves. Even if it is viewed as a "will not" because some people "will not" because they know not how. I am a liberal because I believe in an energy that connects us all... allowing for free will and free thought. It is in others experience we rise to greater truths of who we are and what we are capable of. I believe in the words Liberty and Justice for all, not one man, woman, child should suffer at the hands of the inhumane. We have equal rights across the board. I believe in a government that should support our individuality and should be protecting us from micro-managing our lives."

Sherry Lynn Morrison :
"I'm a liberal because I've met too many people along my travels who are conservatives that have said more than once to me whenever we talk politics, "What has the government done for me?" All they cared about was how some bill or... law would affect them personally and how it would affect their pocketbook. Plain and simple. Never once have I heard them make any comment on how it would help society as a whole. In addition, I find that they lack compassion and understanding for their fellow man. They just don't care. That is why I'm a liberal. "

Brook Ellis:
"People are deeply flawed, but we have abilities that separate us from every other creature on this planet. That gift allows us to think outside of ourselves, if we choose to do it. I think the mix of different views and cultures make this country special; something new. I believe it's America for everyone, not just those who somehow think, due to the luck of birth, that they are entitled to it, more than other Americans. I think words like empathy, altruism, education, progress are not slurs. Let people get married to whomever--like it even matters. I believe in environmental responsibility, civil liberty and justice for all. That's just of the top of my head, but those are some reasons why I cant be a Republican or Conservative or whatever they are trying to call it now."


Mark Steven Szkoda:
" I am a liberal because what else could I be ? I have children and have to look at them every day, I have employees and have to face them and most importantly I cannot avoid myself in the mirror while shaving"

Kim Moore:
"I am liberal because of what the people before me wrote-caring people of integrity. Nobody is more important than any other person on this planet-regardless of birthright,earning ability,who you sleep with,etc. Physical looks,athletic ability, or power don't make you "special". My Parents were brought up to respect all,and so was I,and I have tried to share that concept amongst people whose path I cross. I have preached that minorities be proud of their differences,and that was before I realized I was a minority.So obviously I stick up for the little guy,or the guy that has no voice,or the person whose lifestyle many people judge and don't respect. America of all places should be a beacon of enlightenment and forward thinking. Everybody has problems,and it takes all of our effort's to make everybody's life a little easier. Life is not easy. I think a liberal point of view tries to help the common person,and to make this world a healthier,prettier, and safer place to live."

Johnny Cash

In the comments let us know why you are a Liberal!

No comments:

Post a Comment