Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 11, 2010

IN HONOR OF OUR VETERANS

Today is Veterans Day! I think of my nephew who is in Afghanistan. I wonder what he is doing at this moment? What he is thinking? If he is safe today. I want him to know he is loved and missed by his family. I think of all the men, women and families that miss them. I think of the courage they must have. The sense of duty and love for their country. I am grateful for the sacra fices they make to keep us safe at home, and to keep and bring freedom to people. I thought of the song by Sting " We work the black seam together" a line in that song "I hope the Russians love their children too" I see the faces of our enemy and know that they have families too, who love them. I am sad that life is not always valued as we see suicide bombers that do not value their own. Then I think of the song "where is the love" The line " give us guidance from above" I hope when the guidance comes we will listen. I have posted this poem to honor our Veterans today.

The Charge Of The Light Brigade

by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Memorializing Events in the Battle of Balaclava, October 25, 1854
Written 1854



Half a league half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred:
'Forward, the Light Brigade!
Charge for the guns' he said:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

'Forward, the Light Brigade!'
Was there a man dismay'd ?
Not tho' the soldier knew
Some one had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do & die,
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volley'd & thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell
Rode the six hundred.

Flash'd all their sabres bare,
Flash'd as they turn'd in air
Sabring the gunners there,
Charging an army while
All the world wonder'd:
Plunged in the battery-smoke
Right thro' the line they broke;
Cossack & Russian
Reel'd from the sabre-stroke,
Shatter'd & sunder'd.
Then they rode back, but not
Not the six hundred.

Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon behind them
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
While horse & hero fell,
They that had fought so well
Came thro' the jaws of Death,
Back from the mouth of Hell,
All that was left of them,
Left of six hundred.

When can their glory fade?
O the wild charge they made!
All the world wonder'd.
Honour the charge they made!
Honour the Light Brigade,
Noble six hundred!~ Tennyson

I pray for their safe return, for the rain to stop falling, for the olive branch to come and a rainbow to show in the sky above once again. I pray for peace and understanding and hope we all can become that which we want the world to be.

Our soldiers see things no human should have too. They do what their country tells them. Pray for peace, love , and understanding and for the day we will bring our soldiers home. Love, the message to all mankind.

I keep faith, as I hear our president Obama has brought home 100.000.00 of our soldiers from Iraq and looks to find a peaceful resolution to this war and to bring our soldiers safely home.

Bless those who have died for our liberties!

No comments:

Post a Comment