Total Pageviews

Monday, January 31, 2011

DOES THE CONSTITUTION GIVE OUR GOVERNMENT THE RIGHT TO SPEND OUR TAX MONEY ON PROGRAMS WANTING TO BE ELIMINATED BY THE TEA PARTY?

A friend of mine rose this question "I have read the Constitution, as I am sure you have too. Can you tell me what part of the Constitution gives our government the right to spend our tax money on those specific endeavors?" these were some of the endeavors he was referring to"the Affordable Housing Program, the Commission on Fine Arts, the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, the National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities and the State Justice Institute. " I decided to take this challenge and post parts that I believe does. Starting with Section 8, 1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States; Section 8, 8: To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries; this is a start and I will be posting more as I go through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment